A British therapist wants free access to WoW so that he can counsel "at risk" teens and children who are addicted to the game.
My serious opinion first. This will open the possibility of providing perverts with a perfect way to introduce themselves to children and gain their trust in the game.
"Hello I'm Dr Soandso, do you have a few minutes to talk? I have been authorized by Blizzard to discuss game related real life situations and would like to find out more about you."
How is anyone going to be able to tell if the person sending the message is really who they say they are? Even if Blizz makes the idiot decision to allow this to happen and gives the therapist a moderator chat application, kids won't recognize the difference between the fake message and the real message.
On a less serious note. I can imagine the response from players in the midst of fighting with 25% health left and they get a message from a therapist wanting to dicuss game addiction. Oh yeah I think Blizz will need to create a special policy for this so that 90% of players aren't banned for their responses.
All the way around this is a really bad idea.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment